Convocations & Awards
Adalberto & Ana Guerrero Student Center Graduation Convocation
May 09, 2018, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Centennial Hall
All majors and All students are welcome to participate.
“Through this ceremony, we are able to create space for a student population that is not always recognized or heard in the same ways other students are. When we are not given space, we must create our own.”
The Guerrero Student Center Graduation Convocation is a special celebration of the achievements of our Latinx students.
- All majors are invited and all students are welcome
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Previous involvement in the Guerrero Student Center is not required.
- Mariachi Las Aguilas will entertain your family and friends before the ceremony begins.
- Cost, FREE, no tickets required.
- Guests – all are welcome, family, friends, neighborhoods, abuelitos, bring them all!
- Dress, you are encouraged to wear your cap and gown or business formal.
- Parking, arrangements will be made for free parking, TBA.
Graduation Convocation Registration:
Graduates and Students with NetID please click here to log in and submit an RSVP by April 13, 2018.
The University of Arizona Hispanic Alumni Club
Outstanding Graduating Student Award
May or August, 2018, Graduating Senior & Graduate/Professional Student
The University of Arizona Hispanic Alumni Club (UAHA) will recognize an outstanding graduating senior and an outstanding graduate/professional student, who have demonstrated academic excellence, leadership and dedicated community service, with an interest and commitment to the Latinx community. Students selected as award recipients will be presented at the Guerrero Student Center Graduation Convocation on May 9, 2018. Award recipients will also receive a cash award.
We urge faculty and staff to nominate graduating students who have excelled during their time at the UA. We also encourage graduating students to self-nominate for this award.
The deadline to submit both completed forms is March 23, 2018.
The award application process requires a completed nominee form and a nomination form, both of which are online at:
If you have any questions, please contact Andra Soria at 520-621-5627, or email@example.com